Visual Content Designer
CharlieHR is a beautifully designed, easy to use HR system designed for small companies and startups. Since we started work in 2015, over 3000 of the UK’s fastest growing businesses have chosen Charlie to handle the people side of their company. We’re championing the human side of work, where people always come first.
The Workspace is Charlie’s blog. We’re building the number one place on the internet for anyone creating a great place to work, spanning everything from company culture to the latest innovations in team productivity. We’re looking for a visual designer to join our content team – and help us tell the most exciting stories from this new world of work.
In this role you will:
- Lead the visual identity of our content and social media feeds.
- Help create a truly industry-leading digital publication – one that sets a new standard for visual storytelling.
- Work with our writers to design graphics and visuals for blog posts, e-books & infographics.
- Work with the marketing team to design marketing collateral that shows off the CharlieHR products.
- Work with our incredible product design team to ensure consistency in how our brand is communicated.
- Play a central role in building London’s best content marketing team.
We’re looking for a talented creative who is:
- Comfortable working with others to take the creative process from idea generation to execution.
- Ambitious, self-motivated and holds their work to high standards.
- Strong in graphic design, with a thorough attention to detail.
- Able to show a strong understanding of digital design practices.
- Able to translate abstract themes and concepts into compelling imagery/illustrations.
- Motion graphic experience
- Has experience with motion graphics
- Experienced using Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & After Effects.
- Capable of producing and editing photography.
- Opinionated on what makes good visual design – you have companies / publications whose design you admire.
- Able to understand that holding a reader’s attention can be difficult – you’re up for the challenge of captivating with your designs.
- Able to show us a portfolio with detailed examples of effective visual design.
- Photography production and editing experience
- Video production experience
- Data visualisation experience
- Experience working with landing page software (e.g Unbounce / Hubspot)
*please feel free to apply if you don’t perfectly match the requirements above, these are merely a guide.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
You’ll be joining a company that:
- Works in small cross-functional teams with OKRs, so your work is always focused, goal-driven and agile
- Is at an incredibly exciting stage of growth
- Is made up of 25 close-knit, ambitious and dedicated people who genuinely enjoy spending time together!
- Has a clear and transparent career progression framework
- Believes in helping every employee develop professionally along their chosen career path
- Core office hours (Monday - Thursday 10-3, Friday 10 - 5:30)
- £500 yearly learning budget
- Social events (Team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out, and two yearly company retreats)
- Equity options
- "Exploration days" where you can work on whatever you want
- Bike to work scheme