Frontend/Full Stack Software Developer
We’re Charlie, a beautifully designed, easy to use HR software for small companies. Our product makes hard things simple, has the warmth of a human, and ensures no team member is left behind.
We work to run, build and change small companies so they can run, build and change the world.
Come and help us to create a world that works better.
In this role you will:
- Build Charlie, a SaaS application used by thousands of people every day
- Work to improve our design system to empower the team to ship functional and beautiful features
- Operate in a cross-functional team with other developers, designers, product managers, and other key business roles
- Work with developers of all experience levels to ensure you’re constantly both learning and knowledge sharing
- Feedback into product and business decisions and make your mark on Charlie
A typical week will include:
- Shipping new code multiple times a day
- Pairing with other developers and reviewing code to maintain a high code quality and share knowledge across the team
- Team and company-wide meetings where we discuss strategy, provide updates and share feedback
You must have:
- Professional frontend development experience with some kind of web framework (we use Ruby on Rails, but if you've used Django, Laravel, Ember.js or similar MVC framework we can teach you our stack)
- Confidence as an individual contributor; you are driven to join us in building a great product
- Opinions about design and UX
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude; able to thrive in a team environment
- An enthusiasm for helping others excel
And the nice to haves:
- Ruby experience specifically
- Familiarity with design systems
- SaaS product experience
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
You’ll be joining a company that:
- Works in small cross-functional teams with OKRs, so your work is always focused, goal-driven and agile
- Is at an incredibly exciting stage of growth
- Is made up of 30 close-knit, ambitious and dedicated people who genuinely enjoy spending time together!
- Has a clear and transparent career progression framework
- Believes in helping every employee develop professionally along their chosen career path
- Core office hours (Monday - Thursday 10-3, Friday 10-5:30)
- £500 yearly learning budget
- Social events (Team breakfasts/lunches, evenings out, and two yearly company retreats)
- Equity options
- "Work on Whatever" days
- Bike to work scheme