We’re Charlie, a beautifully designed, easy to use HR software for small businesses. Our platform helps companies to centrally store all of their key documents and team’s vital information, onboard new hires, book holidays and sick days, and so much more.
Why did we build Charlie? Over the past decade of starting and running companies, we grew constantly frustrated with the tedious tasks that distracted us from doing what we love. We knew there had to be a smarter way to run companies… so we decided to create it!
Our mission: To empower the world’s small businesses by helping them take care of the administrative headaches that go hand in hand with running a company.
Our motto: Building a company is hard, running one shouldn’t be.
Are you ready to be part of our journey?
In this role you will:
- Help build a world-class, much-loved product and empower a generation of entrepreneurs to build and run small businesses
- Contribute towards meeting your team's goals by implementing and owning the front-end domain: CSS, HTML & JS
- Collaborate with your team to deeply understand our customers’ needs
- Engage across teams with other Product Designers to create delightful user experiences, as well as improve our Design System by crafting and defining new patterns, tools, and principles
- Participate in a collaborative engineering culture by engaging in peer to peer feedback and code reviews to support the continuous improvement of you and your team
- Use agile practices (e.g Kanban or Scrum) to deliver features continuously, providing an excellent customer experience in a dynamic startup environment
- You care deeply about detail oriented design – and can prove it
- You have experience contributing with teams to help deliver technology that scales
- You're confident in making decisions about how to best tackle a challenge
- You are a self-starter with initiative and drive
- You pride yourself on high standards, always finding ways to be more effective
- Loaded with the drive and ambition to join us in grafting hard to build an enormous technology company very quickly
- You have working knowledge of Ruby (Ruby on Rails framework specifically)
- You are excited by, and have experience with, design systems
- You've worked with server-side web frameworks
.... But don't worry, you'll work closely with our supportive team to learn anything you don't already know!
You’ll be joining a company that:
- Works in small cross-functional teams with OKRs, so your work is always focussed, goal-driven and agile
- Is at an incredibly exciting stage of growth
- Is made up of a very close-knit, ambitious and dedicated team of 15-20 who genuinely enjoy spending time together
- Is united by a belief that small businesses can make the world a better place, and passionately want to help them do so
- Unlimited holiday allowance & work from home days
- £500 yearly learning budget
- Social events (Team breakfasts, lunches, evenings out & weekend company retreats)
- Equity options
- WOW (work on whatever) days
- Bike to work scheme