We’re Charlie, a beautifully designed, easy to use HR software for small businesses. Our platform helps companies to centrally store all of their key documents and team’s vital information, onboard new hires, book holidays and sick days, and so much more.
Why did we build Charlie? Over the past decade of starting and running companies, we grew constantly frustrated with the tedious tasks that distracted us from doing what we love. We knew there had to be a smarter way to run companies… so we decided to create it!
Our mission: To empower the world’s small businesses by helping them take care of the administrative headaches that go hand in hand with running a company.
Our motto: Building a company is hard, running one shouldn’t be.
Are you ready to be part of our journey?
In this role you will:
- Shape a world-class, much-loved product and empower a generation of entrepreneurs to build and run small businesses
- Lead a cross-functional team in delivering the right output through planning, resourcing, and ensuring the entire team’s involvement in product discovery and delivery
- Optimise your team by choosing ways of working to support the right outcome (eg. Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
- Focus on understanding our users’ needs to ensure we’re prioritising and building the right things to solve your team’s objective
- Keep your partners across the business up to speed by delivering succinct, relevant updates, and ensure that the team is always clear about what matters and why
- Be involved and help lead on defining the product roadmap and vision
- Champion a product mindset across the company, and ensure we build desirable, coherent products instead of tactical feature-clusters
- Grow a business that influences and changes the way people work – for the better
You’ll be joining a company that:
- Works in small cross-functional teams with OKRs, so your work is always focused, goal-driven and agile
- Is a product company – our product strategy is our company strategy
- Is at an incredibly exciting stage of growth
- Is made up of a very close-knit, ambitious and dedicated team of 15-20 who (actually) enjoy spending time together
- Is united by a belief that small businesses make the world a better place, and want to help them do so
- You have 3+ years product management experience
- You care about the details – and can prove it
- You're experienced at product discovery, delivery, and planning, with a thirst to master your craft
- You're confident in making bold product decisions backed by suitable quantitative and qualitative data
- You're resourceful and have a keen sense of how to apply the 80:20 principle
- You are a self-starter with initiative and drive
- You pride yourself on being super-organised, with an eye for streamlining processes
- You always communicate clearly and persuasively, whether you're galvanising your team, explaining your reasoning, interviewing customers, or writing product copy
- Loaded with the drive and ambition to join us in grafting hard to build an enormous technology company very quickly
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Unlimited holiday allowance & work from home days
- £500 yearly learning budget
- Social events (team breakfasts and lunches, evenings out & bi-annual weekend company retreats)
- Equity options
- WOW (work on whatever) days
- Bike to work scheme